Can a cheque bounce case be filed after 8 years

19-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
sir my sister doing some chit transactions with some unauthorized chit holder from long back she lifted some chits and repay regularly .she issued one chequs of her husband(Private Service person,saving account) with out his knowldge in long back ,but chit holder not returned back that old cheques. that cheque book was issued by bank in 2003 and his account was also closed in that branch long back approxmatly 8 years. now due to distabances between chit holder and my sister he use and bounce the old cheque in 2017 which was gave in past and filed a case on my brother in-law.he said in his notice ,he gave hand loan rs.20,00,000. is it valid case. no single money transaction done between both now he demand 2000000 lakhs can he save from this it a valid case? please suggested me i am waiting for u r replay sir thanking you,
Answers (1)

Answer #1
550 votes
if the amount which claimed in the negotiable instrument case is not shown in accounts and the cheque previously issued are not liable under section 138 and 142 of NIACT there are rulings of the supreme court in this regard so please consult an advocate

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."