Builder gave cheque got bounce not paying me my money back

Dear Sir, I have paid Rs 6 lakhs through Cheque payment to one Real Estate builder and he assured me verbally that he will repay Rs 8.5 lakhs after 5 months. He has given 3 cheques for Rs 2 + 2 + 2.5 = 6.5 as security, I have already received one bounced cheque and issued a notice to him. Now he is threatening that he will not pay. Kindly advise me. what are the fees and how long will it take for filing a case. 

Answers (1)

164 votes

Dear Sir / Madam,

As you paid by cheque, you have proof that you given money to him but there is no paper agreement. When you have cheque, you have right to present the cheque at any date before 3 months from the date mentioned on the cheque. Even if you do not present the cheque in 3 month still based on some grounds this condition can be waived. So, send all the cheque for clearance and get the statement from the branch and file cheque bounce case against the person.

By parallel, as he is threatening, you can file police complaint.

Adv. Niranjan.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles