Builder gave cheque got bounce not paying me my money back

Dear Sir, I have paid Rs 6 lakhs through Cheque payment to one Real Estate builder and he assured me verbally that he will repay Rs 8.5 lakhs after 5 months. He has given 3 cheques for Rs 2 + 2 + 2.5 = 6.5 as security, I have already received one bounced cheque and issued a notice to him. Now he is threatening that he will not pay. Kindly advise me. what are the fees and how long will it take for filing a case. 

Dear Sir / Madam,

As you paid by cheque, you have proof that you given money to him but there is no paper agreement. When you have cheque, you have right to present the cheque at any date before 3 months from the date mentioned on the cheque. Even if you do not present the cheque in 3 month still based on some grounds this condition can be waived. So, send all the cheque for clearance and get the statement from the branch and file cheque bounce case against the person.

By parallel, as he is threatening, you can file police complaint.

Thanks,
Adv. Niranjan.