Procedure to claim PPF from bank where nominee is not mentioned

HI- I have to claim the PPF amount of my mother from SBI where nominee is not mentioned. I need to know how to claim that.

Answers (3)

you need to approach the authorities with proper succession details and supporting documents. if you have siblings you are also required to produce their no objection certificates. if they still refuse, consumer form/commission is the remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Frist u should made succession certificate .Succession certificate is issued by District magistrate and District judge also .Scope of District magistrate is very limited .But scope of District magistrate is very wide .Once succession certificate issued then u can claim on ppf account of ur mother

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

First of all you have to file an application before the District Magistrate for obtaining the Legal Heirs certificate, then the officials of the office of the District Magistrate after inquiry issued a Legal Heirs Certificate, then along with the certificate you can claim PPF amount.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My father has availed a loan of 1,6lak frm j&k bank in 2003 and payed it ... frequently asked for NOC but dey delayed and even deduction from bank…

Read More

My aunty has 3 lakhs of cash. She got this cash by saving and some paternal side as a result of property sales. She has given approx 2.5 lakh to her r…

Read More

I have outstanding with few credit cards issued by UAE banks and there is payment issues due to job loss. I am now in India and want to know what prob…

Read More

I have old standard chartered bank credit card settlement letter from bank as full and final payment received and account closed, in the year 2004.but…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue