Can bank file FIR directly without sending summons of case?

Can a bank do FIR directly without sending summons of case?

Answers (3)

150 votes


The Banks should atleast, send you a Demand notice stating reasons of default along with principal and interest due at your end with the break up otherwise its arbitary and can be approached at the proper forum. If less than 1cr, then you can approach the Consumer Redressal system.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

Yes .Bank can file FIR against any person for any criminal offences.on receipt of such FIR police shall start investigation and if satisfactory evidences are available may arrest the persons concern and produce him before the court with in 24 hours of such arrest.chage sheet be filled with in 90 days for trail.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate R. Madhuraj
Vanchiyoor, Trivandrum
20 years Experience
86 votes

Sir, perused your question in details. FIR relates to criminal case. Summons is sent in civil case or criminal complaint case. So in your matter, FIR can be lodged without sending summons. In case you have any further query you can get back to me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles