Re mustering or discharge after 12 years of service with benefits

I am due for Sgt on 19 jan 2017 and my POR for the same have been taken.But a new policy came that I have to undergo a specialist course ,that I have done.The policy says I have to undergo a conversion course to become Sgt in IAF(G) trade as there is no establishments of Sgt in IAF(S).Policy came in Dec 14 till than I was sure of my rank but not now as I have not AR for the conversion.AS per policy one have to complete conversion on or before 12 years of service but people have done after 12 years and became Sgt.Now can seek re-mustering after 12 years of service

Answers (2)

115 votes

Hi, we need to study the policy. Any change of policy which is the disadvantage to you need to be challenged and your case will be considered as per the situation. The details provided by you are not sufficient to give you conclusive advice. you may like to share more details with us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

Dear Sgt
From your qury it is not clear as to how you are likely to miss out on promotion. As it is a new policy, were you offered conversion, if so, did you decline. In IAF, the mandatory courses must be gone through, if not it will adversely affect your future. I am afraid a correct advise will only be feasible if you meet with all relevant records.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles