Re mustering or discharge after 12 years of service with benefits

I am due for Sgt on 19 jan 2017 and my POR for the same have been taken.But a new policy came that I have to undergo a specialist course ,that I have done.The policy says I have to undergo a conversion course to become Sgt in IAF(G) trade as there is no establishments of Sgt in IAF(S).Policy came in Dec 14 till than I was sure of my rank but not now as I have not AR for the conversion.AS per policy one have to complete conversion on or before 12 years of service but people have done after 12 years and became Sgt.Now can seek re-mustering after 12 years of service

Dear Sgt
From your qury it is not clear as to how you are likely to miss out on promotion. As it is a new policy, were you offered conversion, if so, did you decline. In IAF, the mandatory courses must be gone through, if not it will adversely affect your future. I am afraid a correct advise will only be feasible if you meet with all relevant records.

Hi, we need to study the policy. Any change of policy which is the disadvantage to you need to be challenged and your case will be considered as per the situation. The details provided by you are not sufficient to give you conclusive advice. you may like to share more details with us.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh