Possibility of regularizing naval service of 2 months and get pension

im retired from navy as petty officer on 31may 2003. im getting pension of leading petty officer rank as im not completed the 6 months in present rank. i get promotion to the rank of petty pfficer w.e.f 01 feb 2003. as per the naval policy need 6 months service in present rank for pension. that means less of 2 months. any posibility for regularising the service of 2 months and get the rank pension. pls advice me. pls help me .

Answers (3)

169 votes

If the rank was paid rank then you need to write to CDA Navy for amendment to the PPO. If they reject then approach the AFT for getting necessary relief. You are requested to contact with details including documents if any.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes

Hi, there are some amendments too. From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
6 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
13 years Experience
189 votes

Hi yes that is possible We have about hundreds of such cases pending in AFT and more than two dozens have already decided on the same issue from Army, Navy and Air Force. Many of them have got it from 01.01.2006, however due to change of policy again stopped from 01.09.2009, the matter is pending before various AFT. Regds

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles