Pension Refused on basis of multiple marriage

Pension Refused after Serving in the Army for 17.5 Years Service a) Enrolled as Sepoy in Dogra Regiment on 08 Oct 1968 ( Total Service Counted Towards Pension ), b) Commissioned in 11 GR on 11 June 1977 c) Low Medical Category S2 d) Released from Army on 07 April 1986, e) Release Medical Board ( RMB ) wad not held which is one of the mandatory Requirement at the time of Release from the Army. Therefore entitled to Disability Pension too, Reasons for Removal from Service on the Allegations of Plural Marriage

Answers (3)

334 votes

Discharge of a person if he contacted plural marriage is to be under section 20 of Army Act and Rule 17 of Army Rule is equally entitled for pensionary benefits may it be service pension or disability pension. The authorities cannot refuse grant of pensionary benefits as per provisions of Pension Regulation of the Army Act 1961. If the release medical board is not held and he can prove that he was suffering from some disability at the time of his release he can get re-survey medical board done on request which is as per rule. I have succeeded in a similar case titled Hav Amrik Singh V. UOI & Ors in AFT.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

72 votes

Your case pertains to 1986, exactly thirty years old. As per law in vogue maximum time for limitation is 3 years.
Did you prefer an appeal to department, if yes what was the result. If no, why.
If you have not made an appeal do so. I think you need to discuss with details.
Feel free to connect.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
4 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
6 years Experience
284 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles