Pension not notified due to bigamy case

There is a my relative who is army widow but army offices is not allowing her pension saying that it is written in a letter pension not notified due to plural marriage case. He (Ex-army man) had done 2 marriages. his 1st wife passed away after 7-8 years of marriage and after that he done his second marriage. He retired on Nov 13 & passed away in Jul 15. Now his 2nd wife (only 2nd wife is alive with children) is claiming for pension but Army offices is not allowing her pension. There are 3 daughters(2 married) from first wife and 1 son from second wife. 1 daughter is below 18 yrs of age and her marriage cannot be done right now. She(2nd wife) has contacted army offices and they are saying that Pension can be allowed to her step daughter only & after her marriage or completion of 25 yrs age it can be transferred to 2nd wife. Is there any option to get pension transferred directly to 2nd wife?

Answers (3)

248 votes

Hi the facts you have mentioned if correct your relative can get family pension, If marriage is contracted after demise of 1st wife second marriage is valid and she is entitled to family pension. If this is correct you have good case and this can not be case of plural marriage. Regds

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

133 votes

Please file an application in Armed Forces Tribunal with claim for pension for second wife. But you will have to prove the legitimacy of marriage. If that can not be done daughters will be entitled to pension

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience
55 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles