How to get discharge from service on compassionate grounds

sir, i have completed 15 yrs 9 months, i am the only son and not married yet, father expired 8 yrs back, mother aged 65 yrs is suffering old age ailments and alone at home. applied discharge but not approved. can i appeal directly in AFT ? or (" i have to avail some other remedies in service " before coming to AFT ) please guide me. anything wrong if i appeal in AFT

Answers (3)

89 votes

You have not mentioned what was the remarks in not approval of your application. This remarks matters a lot. You may apply for posting to home zone or the place where you can manage the things. You may approach to AFT also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

69 votes

Dear apart from mentioned conditions there r certain other conditions are also being mentioned in the policy to get discharge as u have completed 15 years and even your mother may not be dependant than also can keep with u but in case of discharge u have to see other conditions also and can go ahead as per that.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
6 years Experience
Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
13 years Experience
154 votes

Since your Discharge application has been rejected you may approach the AFT making your case for discharge on compassionate grounds. There is nothing wrong in applying to AFT. Had your CO recomended your case?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles