currently serving in navy can i apply for SPSC in officer rank

Sir i am serving in Navy...can i go for SPSC (state public service commission)...in a officer rank? And why i cn not go for higher rank like SPSC and other higher post ?Is it written any wher in any law includind Navy law that i am serving in Navy so i can go for other higher rank ?sir can u tell me i can appear for how many and which types of rank being a solider and specially for state public service commission?In my department my officer says that i can not go for other higher post except UPSC exam..when SPSC(state public service commission) is also part of UPSC.

From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Hi Every department have the policy for their employee to progress in their career, similarly Navy also has the policy. You need to take permission from your unit to appear in exams of UPSC, Other exams in Govt of India as well as SPSC if the post is class-I gazetted as per years of service one has to his credit. If you are granted permission to appear for SPSC you become eligible to compete for the posts. Regards

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate JV Bhosale
Fort, Mumbai
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala

As per the policy in vogue, in the Armed Forces, PBORs that is sailors, airmen and jawan are permitted to appear for group A posts only. In case of Navy, there is a Naval Order to this effect, similar AFOs and AOs are existing in other two services. This is based on premise that the re are opportunities for promotion in Armed Forces. There existed orders in past which allowed appearing in State Civil Services Exams. however, post 2006, this has been done away with. There are no reasons available for the change.
In my opinion, the provisions of NO if challenged in appropriate judicial forum can result in these provisions being struck down.
You may submit a written application for appearing in exam for SPSC and if you are not allowed, in writing, then you can challenge the said order.
Feel free to connect.