Applicability of disability pension

Sir/Mam, I am Ex Sgt discharged on 31 Mar 2010 with low medical category A4G2 for Vitreous Hammeorage Retinal Detachment (Lt Eye). RMB stated the NANA and placed me below 20% of disability, resulting in debarment of disability pension. Please suggest on the issue whether eligible for disability pension & for how much %?

Answers (5)

104 votes

To get a disability pension you have to meet following QR:

1. Disability should be more than 20%
2. It should be attributable or aggravated by the service condition

In your case, from the details provided by you, your disability has been assessed as NANA and less than 20% you are therefore not qualified to earn any disability pension.

Besides, your case is time barred for filing any case in AFT

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

344 votes

Yes you can get disability pension and upto 50 % disabiliy pension you can get.You will have to file a case at Armed Forces Tribunal.You can take an appointment and can visit personally with you connected papers and discuss the matter further.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience
129 votes

Since tou have been medically boarded out you have a case for disability pension. You have to first file an appeal with DAV for grant of disability pension Once that is done and if rejected then you can challenge orders in AFT

225 votes

Hi, From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

171 votes

Hi, any person released in low medical category from service is entitled to disability pension, so you can also get disability pension. You will also be entitled for rounding off of disability @50% as per prevailing legal position. You need to approach AFT without that you may not get. With best wishes

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles