Where should a firm apply to become an arbitrator in India?

Your question is either incomplete or uninformed. Please look at the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 for clarification to your question. Alternatively refer the Legal Services Authority Act. Hope you will get your answer.

If the firm is in the line of Arbitrator, it would know it. If a firm is having experts who can conduct arbitration in a single or multiple areas, it needs to frame its own rules and regulations, forms, procedures, time limitation to conduct arbitration (which is one year in case of domestic arbitration). The firm need to have income tax registration, PAN, service tax registration, profession tax registration and more importantly place for organising arbitration. Then, publicise.

Popular Arbitration Lawyers