One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Mysore - Advocate SN Suresh Babu

Advocate SN Suresh Babu

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoAlanahalli, Mysore
LawRato43 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Criminal, High Court
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Kannada
Advocate SN Suresh Babu has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Suresh provides core specialization in all Criminal Laws and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Suresh enrolled with the Bar Council of Karnataka in 1981.

Enrollment Number : KAR/314/1981
  • District Court, Mysore
  • Karnataka High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Mysore

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate SN Suresh Babu. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate SN Suresh Babu

Q: On the promise of marriage, I was raped. What are my legal options ?

I want to file a case against my boyfriend who shared a physical relationship with me on pretext of marriage. Ours was a 3 year old relationship. I was not ready to share a physical relationship with him but he promised me that he will get married to me. I went ahead. We even met each other's parents and the relationship was going good until his parents found a girl for him from whom they are getting dowry. I had always said that neither me nor my parents would engage in any such thing. I still ask him to choose her or me. Now he says that he wants to get married to the other girl. Now I feel cheated and I feel I was raped for all these years on the promise of marriage. I want to file case against him. Please help me, I am undergoing a lot of mental stress. I read somewhere that I need to have it written that he promised to marry me. I do have a note like that.

Advocate SN Suresh Babu answered
Physical relationship on the pretext of marriage is considered as rape.On June 2013, The Honerable High Court Justice R V Eshwar passed the order in this connection saying any physical relation on the pretext of marriage will b considred as rape.You file a complaint immediately against them in your jurisdiction police station which will be under section 376, 420 IPC.

Q: What and how Section 354,506(b) r/w,342,341&323; are applied

Need clarification on above sections..

Advocate SN Suresh Babu answered
354 : Assault or use of criminal force to a woman in an intent to outrage her modesty. ( 2Years Imprisonment )506 : Criminal intimidation. ( 2Years Imprisonment)342 : Wrongful confining any person. ( 1Year Imprisonment )341 : Wrongful restraining any person. ( 1Month Imprisonment )323 : Voluntarily causing hurt. ( 1Year Imprisonment )

Q: Delay in failing a missing case

Dear sir My uncle was a mentally ill patient. His wife left him alone,7 moths ago my father took him to Hyderabad Erragadda mental hospital for the treatment,due some reasons they didn't admitted him in hospital,they just left him alone in General ward and back to town.last week I enquired about my uncle but I didn't found him in hospital and we still not filed any missing case in the Police Station,is my father will have to face any legal consequences? Is he committed any criminal act by abandoning the mentally ill patient?

Advocate SN Suresh Babu answered
In your query you haven't mentioned the proper reasons for the hospital authority not admitting him to the hospital. If you have sought any medical attention to your uncle then the hospital authority is also legally bound to look after him well until he is discharged, and he cannot be discharged without your knowledge since your uncle is not mentally stable.Even today you can lodge a missing complaint in police station stating that you were in search of the missing person and couldn't trace him till date, hence the delay in lodging a complaint.You won't be facing any legal consequences.

Q: Jurisdiction for filing case

I was attacked by a group of 7 members from In-laws family from Hyderabad, beaten hard in a private room in Bangalore on Nov 26, 2016 midnight. Can we file a case against them in Hyderabad with proper evidence? They threatened to kill with scissors, inflammable liquids and bottles, what is the sentence of punishment if it is proved??

Advocate SN Suresh Babu answered
As per the Supreme Court order in State of Andra Pradesh vs Punati Ramulu AIR 1993 SC 2644, the complaint can be lodged any where and after the registration of the FIR the concerned investigation officer should transfer the case to the Jurisdictional Police station.The above case comes under Sec 307 IPC (Attempt to Murder), with minimum imprisonment of 10 years and fine if proved.

Q: Is there any limitation period on criminal case

I was attacked by a group of 7 members from In-laws family, beaten hard in a private room on Nov 26, 2016 midnight. Is there any time limit to file a case? The reason for delay till now is I compromised on family values, but they started threatening again the same. What is the maximum period for delay in filing case.

Advocate SN Suresh Babu answered
There is no maximum period for filing a FIR as such. Any delay in filing the FIR should be satisfactorily explained, where prosecution fails to explain delay in FIR shall be viewed with suspicion. Undue or unreasonable delay is always fatal. It always depends upon the facts and circumstances of the case.Coming to your story, you can still lodge a complaint about the harassment you are facing right now and also should mention the incident which took place on 26th Nov and give reasons (family values) for not registering a complaint before.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate SN Suresh Babu

Can Advocate SN Suresh Babu represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate SN Suresh Babu can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate SN Suresh Babu?

When you meet with Advocate SN Suresh Babu for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate SN Suresh Babu?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate SN Suresh Babu, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate SN Suresh Babu?

During your initial consultation with Advocate SN Suresh Babu, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate SN Suresh Babu?

It is important to communicate with Advocate SN Suresh Babu regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate SN Suresh Babu?

The cost of hiring Advocate SN Suresh Babu can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.