One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate Shriya Maini

Advocate Shriya Maini

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoSaket, Delhi
LawRato11 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Cheque Bounce, Court Marriage, Criminal, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate, Wills / Trusts
Language(s) Spoken: English, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Shriya Maini is a Lawyer currently practicing at the Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court and district courts at New Delhi. She specializes in dispute resolution with a special focus on women related issues, property law and family matters. She has extensive experience in Dispute Resolution (Civil and Commercial Litigation) and International Commercial Arbitration from her stint as an Associate at Amarchand Mangaldas, an Indian law firm. Prior to practising independently, she also assisted the President of the International Residual Mechanism for the Criminal Tribunals (MICT) - Judge Theodor Meron at The Hague, Netherlands, where she specialized in International Criminal Law and International Humanitarian Law.

Before joining the MICT, advocate Shriya graduated from Gujarat National Law University, India in 2013 and then went on to do her Masters at the University of Oxford where she was a Dr. Mrs. Ambruti Salve Scholar 2014-15 (full scholarship for the BCL). She obtained my post graduate degree majoring in Public International Law and International Crime. She was awarded the Oxford Global Justice Award 2015 for Public International Law by the University of Oxford, Law Faculty.

Advocate Shriya enrolled with the Bar Council Of Delhi in 2013. He is a member of the Supreme Court Bar Association, Delhi High Court Bar Association & Saket Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : D/704/2013
  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Patiala House
  • District Court, Saket
  • Supreme Court Of India

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Shriya Maini. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Shriya Maini

Q: What to do if a teacher slaps your child ?

my 4 year old nephew is being beaten up regularly in his school. it is a private school and we have spoken to the principal but nothing changes. what to do if a teacher hits your child ? what legal action can we take against the teacher and the school?

Advocate Shriya Maini answered
Please lodge a police complaint immediately (and give a copy to the concerned school authorities) alleging Section 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the Indian Penal Code against the teacher specifically and concerned section of the State law against cruelty to children against the school. Depending upon where is the child studying, select the state law, for instance, UP State Law's Section 23 deals with the same.

Q: Cheque bounce issued to me has bounced what action can I take

I would like to ask a question in reference to a cheque that was given to me and got bounced, the person is not giving my money from last one year and i filed a police complaint also , and he gave me a cheque which he said will clear but inspite of police complaint ,he is not returning my money and i am like fed up with his daily excuses . The cheque that he gave me got bounced and i have the bounce reciept from the bank can you please advice me about the next step that i should follow.

Advocate Shriya Maini answered
Immediately send him a detailed legal notice, preferably from the letterhead of your lawyer and demand your monies back. The notice must be very specific and detailed please. The steps thereafter would require you to approach a lawyer and take recourse of the law.

Q: How to claim share in mother in laws property

My father in law had expired 4 years back leaving behind a registered will stating all the movable and immovable goes to my brother in law and we have never disputed. A house property (New Delhi) is in my mother in law name and she was expired last year intestate. When we ask for the share from mother in law, after sending legal notice, he is saying there was a will written by my mother in law before her demise (hardly 4 months). We know there is no such will and how to handle this situation. Please advise

Advocate Shriya Maini answered
You will have to challenge the will that your brother in law claims to possess in the appropriate court of law and claim your rightful share in the property. Forthwith Get in touch with a property law who does succession and inheritance!

Q: Taking care of property from last 40 years how can we claim it

We're taking care of a land from past 40 years. Now the landowner is threatening us to take back the land, He gave us without enforcement. We've no legal papers of it. The land is still barren, We took care and didn't used it in any incorrect way. Please help us to keep the land. My uncle was also the partners with the landowner.

Advocate Shriya Maini answered
I would require more information and details to answer your query. As for your possession of the land is concerned, I would require some sort of proof to show that you are managing the land for 40 years - such as any water/electricity bill/rent of property of that address in your name or any sort of documentary proof. From what you state, adverse possession is a plea that could be taken but that not so easy to prove in Court. Hence, I would have to reconfirm the applicability of adverse possession to your situation once I peruse the papers and ask you questions to develop more information on the same.

Q: How can my father distribute his self acquired property

I am a Hindu. My father has one self acquired property and one which he got from his father. My father wants to put all his property in my brothers name and compensate me with cash. I have no problems with that. Should I sign a relinquishment deed in favour of my brother? Is it possible to relinquish something which is not mine as yet? How do we go about this family arrangement??

Advocate Shriya Maini answered
For self acquired property, there is absolutely no issue and your father has full freedom to bequeath the same in favour of your brother fully. You could on the side demand cash of the value of the self acquired property he chooses to give you. In case of the ancestral property however, half of the share will devolve upon you once your father leaves for the heavenly abode. You could then relinquish your right via a deed in favour of your brother and take cash instead. Even now you can do a family settlement agreement and get it registered for the ancestral property division, but it will only come into effect once the relinquishment deed is signed and the share of the ancestral property devolves upon you after your father's bereavement.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Shriya Maini

Can Advocate Shriya Maini represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Shriya Maini can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Shriya Maini?

When you meet with Advocate Shriya Maini for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Shriya Maini?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Shriya Maini, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Shriya Maini?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Shriya Maini, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Shriya Maini?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Shriya Maini regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Shriya Maini?

The cost of hiring Advocate Shriya Maini can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.