One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate Shantanu Awasthi

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoMalviya Nagar, Delhi
LawRato9 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Arbitration, Cheque Bounce, Civil, Consumer Court, Criminal, Documentation, High Court
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi
Advocate Shantanu Awasthi completed his law in the year 2015 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Arbitration, Consumer Court, Criminal, Documentation, Civil and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Shantanu enrolled with the Bar Council of Delhi in 2015. He is a member of the Delhi High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : D/1336/2015
  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Dwarka
  • District Court, Gurgaon
  • District Court, Karkardooma
  • District Court, Patiala House
  • District Court, Rohini
  • District Court, Saket
  • District Court, Tis Hazari
  • Supreme Court Of India

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Shantanu Awasthi. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Shantanu Awasthi

Q: What action can be taken against transportation deptt

Hi sir, I had booked my car for transfer from X to Y which was supposed to reach in a week . Now it has been 4 weeks and there is no sign of my car moreover, the owner of the transport is ignoring my calls and doesnot respond to my any message. What can i do in this case as i. Really pissed off with my car not being delivered and fear something else might have happened. I am feeling helpless sir, what can i do now? I am in Y now.

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi answered
Dear Sir/ma'am,The present is a clear cut case of defeciency in service by the service provider covered under section 2 of the consumer protection act. You can ask for return of merchandise in car and return of monies given as advance plus compensation/damages + criminal proceedings and under contract act. But first you must send them a legal notice via a competent advocate asking for all these urgently. Thanks

Q: Person changed the name during the pendency of the case in court

What happens to court cases of the person who has changed his name?. Will the name on the case be updated or remains as the same old.? what happens when the case is closed and after that the person changes his name? Will it be updated? When someone searches with his new name , will they be able to find the case registered with the old name?

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi answered
The decree might become inductous if the name is not updated as it would already be in name of wrong person. It may also be a ground for rejection of plaint. Though it is not a defect that is very relevant and might go to the root of the case.

Q: Clarification on legal action against life partner for cheating

Can I file a legal case against my live in partner who on the pretext of love slept with me for a year and also kept hiding the fact that he was already engaged prior to meeting one another?And now mistreated and left me

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi answered
Yes. Live in relations have been recognized as equivalent to real marriage in some cases by the court. Apart from seeking punishment for your partner, you can also seek mantainance and various other remedies against your partner.

Q: Cancellation of registration certificate of marriage at Arya samaj

Dear Sir/Madam, I got married to  on 4 April 2016 at Arya Samaj Mandir Trust and registered the same marriage on 13 April 2016 and received the marriage certificate then attested with MEA Delhi. With this marriage certificate I applied for Italy Visa for my wife which is now rejected by the Italian Embassy of Delhi and the reason they gave that the place where our marriage was solemnized i.e. Arya Samaj Mandir Trust, is not a temple but a trust duly it is invalid and according to that my marriage certificate is also invalid. Is there any provision that I can cancel the registration of my marriage certificate without divorce, so we can marry again and register that marriage as per the requirement of Italian Embassy? Or what can we do, any suggestion? Thank you

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi answered
Dear Sir/Ma'am, From the facts elucidated by you, it seems you have not got a marriage certificate issued by the government of Delhi as envisaged in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1956. You may have got the Arya Samaj certificate attested by MEA, which is not equivalent to a valid marriage certificate. But, as the present facts seem to incomplete/vague, I am not adequately equipped to answer all your queries at the present moment. You may contact for further details/clarifications.Thanks

Q: Legality of foreign documents in India if not how to legalize it

What is the legality of foreign document in india.If not then what we have to do to legalise the document?

Advocate Shantanu Awasthi answered
Depends on what type of document it is. Accordingly, the relevant provison of indian evidence act will apply. Part 4 of the indian evidence act deals worh various types of documents their presumption under indian law and their admissability also.You may contact for more details.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Shantanu Awasthi

Can Advocate Shantanu Awasthi represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Shantanu Awasthi can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi?

When you meet with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Shantanu Awasthi regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Shantanu Awasthi?

The cost of hiring Advocate Shantanu Awasthi can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.