One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Chennai - Advocate RS Raghavan

Advocate RS Raghavan

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 3.6 | 10+ user ratings
LawRatoNangnallur, Chennai
LawRato9 years Experience
Practice Areas
Civil, Consumer Court, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Tamil
Advocate RS Raghavan has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Raghavan provides services in various field of civil laws, criminal laws, banking and finance law, consumer cases, property Matter and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Raghavan enrolled with the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in 2015.

Enrollment Number : MS/3578/2015
  • Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Madras
  • District Court, Chennai

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Chennai

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate RS Raghavan. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate RS Raghavan

Q: Contested divorce - wife not agreeing to mutual

After marriage we lived for 3 months,then I went abroad for job ,after 6 months we lived together again for 2 months.she left me creating unnecessary problems. Now it's been 2years 9 month we are seperated only and she filed for dvc asking maintanence.ow i have applied for contested divorce which she s not agreeing to. How long will it take for me to get divorce and is there anything to do to speed up the process

Advocate RS Raghavan answered
Given the grounds slim chance of getting divorce, try to convince her for mutual .Some times delayed proceedings yields positive results. If she is working u can reduce maintenance. Try to add desertion ground also for divorce.

Q: What extent the implications will be for me in case of a divorce?

I am a 66-year-old male living with my sick old mother and unmarried younger sister. My wife and my son (22-year-old) are living in another city. Since I became indebted due to loss of business, she had not lived with me for the past 20 years. She is still working as a government teacher (permanent post), earning a good salary, own a house, the son owns a car. Now she demands money and property from me for the son's business and sends harsh messages. But the son's behaviour is not good. Though I am 66 years old, I settled all my debts without any support from my wife. Now, I am working as a consultant in an NGO and I own a house (very recently). Apart from this, and a small bank balance, I have no support for my future life. Kindly let me know how much I need to part with my hard-earned money, if a divorce case is filed by her. I have no intension to file a divorce case.

Advocate RS Raghavan answered
she is working and son is 22 years old. It is moral obligation to maintain wife and minor children. in your case he is major and capable of earning. these factors will mitigate your wife claim. so wait till they make a claim.

Q: I want to sell my Husband Property

Hi I am Saraswathi Kannan. we are Hindu religion .My Husband build a house in 2400 Sq Ft and bought a 4200 vacant land.It is his own earnings not ancestry Property.I am having One Daughter and One Son. My Both children are not taking care , My Husband demised on 21/06/ 2007. Now I want to sell the Both the Properties without my daughter and Son.But they are in Legal heirs Certificate. Please tell me whether It can be sale without my Children. I am waiting for your answer.

Advocate RS Raghavan answered
It cannot be. You have to take their consent as they are also class one legal heir file suit for partion and you can sell your share in the property and not the entire property. Even if you sell it will be considered as null and void.

Q: Property related issues after lived 50 years of time Property related

எங்கள் தாத்தாவும் அவர்கள் தாத்தாவும் அண்ணன் தம்பிகள் இருவரும் சுமார் ஐம்பது வருடங்களுக்கு முன்னர் நிலங்களை மாற்றி கொண்டனர் நங்கள் அவ்வாறு பெற்ற இடத்தில் குடியிருந்து வருகிறோம் தற்போது நங்கள் எங்களுக்குள் பாக பிரிவினை 2011 அன்று செய்துகொன்டோம் இப்போது அவருடைய மகன் நிலம் மாற்று செல்லாது என்று எங்களிடம் சண்டைக்கு வருகிறார் அவரோ என் தாத்தாவிடம் இருந்த்து பெற்ற நிலத்தை ஏற்கனவே விற்று விட்டார் அவரிடம் உள்ள பழைய ஆவணங்களின்படி கோர்ட்க்கு போவேன் என்கிறார் எங்களிடம் 2011 அன்று போட்ட பாக பத்திரம் வீட்டு வரி ரசீது தண்ணீர் வரி ரசீது உள்ளது நாங்கள் எங்கள் தாத்தா காலத்தில் இருந்து வசித்து வருகிறோம் அவர்கள் கோர்ட்கு செல்லும் பட்சத்தில் நங்கள் வீட்டினை காலி செய்ய நேரிடுமா? தாத்தா அவர்கள் மாற்றி கொண்ட ஒப்பந்தத்திற்கு ஆவணங்கள் கிடையாது எங்களிடம் 2011 அன்று போட்ட புதிய பாக பத்திரம் மட்டுமே உள்ளது தெளிவு படுத்தவும் அய்யா

Advocate RS Raghavan answered
Your query is not clear, but still let me try, if the recent partition was registered then he has no case, in case if it is unregistered then he can file suit for partition, and the said suit will be decided taking all share holder into consideration. Any eviction can be ordered only after offering equal oppiortunities to all the parties.

Q: Compassionate ground job for unmarried sister

My brother (unmarried) died in accident while in service as government employee left behind me (unmarried) and my mother last year. Whether i have any chance to get a job in compassionate ground?

Advocate RS Raghavan answered
yes they are right, you have to approach High court in this regard to get job under compassionate grounds by proving you are the only bread winner for the family and no one else the court will take a lenient view and can instruct the concerned office to take a lenient view . So i advice you to approach High court to get suitable remedy.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate RS Raghavan

Can Advocate RS Raghavan represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate RS Raghavan can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate RS Raghavan?

When you meet with Advocate RS Raghavan for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate RS Raghavan?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate RS Raghavan, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate RS Raghavan?

During your initial consultation with Advocate RS Raghavan, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate RS Raghavan?

It is important to communicate with Advocate RS Raghavan regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate RS Raghavan?

The cost of hiring Advocate RS Raghavan can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.