One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate Nishant Rai

Advocate Nishant Rai

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.8 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
LawRato13 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Labour & Service, Motor Accident, NCLT, Patent, Property, Recovery, RERA, Startup, Succession Certificate, Trademark & Copyright
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi
Advocate Nishant Rai has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services

Advocate Rai provides services in various field of civil laws, criminal laws, medical negligence matters, family law, consumer cases, landlord/tenant matters, revenue related matters, intellectual property related matters, arbitration matters, matrimonial related matters, intellectual property matters, civil suits, writs, appeals, proceedings before Tribunals like CLB, CAT and so on and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Nishant enrolled with the Bar Council of Delhi in 2011. He is a member of the Delhi High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : D/1160/2011
  • Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Delhi
  • Company Law Board Delhi (CLB)
  • Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Delhi
  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Karkardooma
  • District Court, Patiala House
  • District Court, Rohini
  • District Court, Saket
  • District Court, Tis Hazari
  • Supreme Court Of India

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Nishant Rai. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Nishant Rai

Q: Intimidation to commit suicide. What should i do?

1) If a person intimidates another person for committing suicide because of a broken relationship,what legal options the person being intimidated has to take.

Advocate Nishant Rai answered
Go to the nearest police station and lodge an FIR against that person. Abetment to suicide as well as criminal intimidation are recognized offences under Indian Penal Code. Delay is not warranted. so please the police at the earliest.

Q: drugged,raped,blackmailed ,threat to kill,promise to marry

A married man siphoned money , drugged my sister,molested and raped her,blackmailed her of making photo's public and threaten to kill her,when the family intervened he promised to marry her but after using this to his advantage refused to marry after five years.What legal steps can be taken now to punish the culprit?

Advocate Nishant Rai answered
Your query is very serious. Please go to the nearest Police station and lodge and FIR against him. Initiate criminal proceedings against him. Do not waste even a single day now. Various sections of Indian Penal Code are attracted in this case. As advised earlier please lodge an FIR against him at the earliest. He is intimidating your sister as well. Delay in lodging FIR may go against you in court.

Q: What is a process to file a domestic violence complaint?

What is the process to file a complaint in domestic violence and can the wife live in shared accommodation? Also, what is the time frame in which one can expect a resolution.

Advocate Nishant Rai answered
A complaint is filed before the concerned Metropolitan Magistrate. He affords a hearing in no later than 3 days.Wife has full right to live shared family accommodation.Lastly, no fixed time frame is present but such complaints are disposed off very quickly.

Q: In laws took daughter along. Now asking huge amount of money.

dear sir/madam i was married on 1march2015 it was a love marriage dont know what gone wrong from the first night of marriage she used to quarrel with me she never allowed to have sex with me she alwasy used to scold me call her parents do non-sense and their parents go take her to their home they never had asked me what's problem between,never wanted to have me with her she was away from my house from past 2 months in four months of my marriage life they hadnt given a penny to us but her father is now demanding a hepty ammount which he used for marriage. What can i do? We are muslims.

Advocate Nishant Rai answered
I am presuming that your marriage has taken place as per Muslim rites and rituals.Firstly, consummation (sexual intercourse) of marriage is a marital obligation in any marriage. However, in Muslim marriage if marriage has not been consummated it has legal implications.Secondly, concept of dowry is not recognised under Muslim marriage. So basically her family is harassing you under the garb of dowry. You can file a complaint before the local Police station stating all the facts. Approach the appropriate court for 'anticipatory bail' at the earliest. She and her family may initiate proceedings against you and your family. So I would advice in given facts approach for anticipatory bail at the earliest and file complaint in the local police station next. You may as well opt to give talaq as per Islamic law applicable to you. Hope this helps.

Q: Worked in sister companies for 9 years.How will gratuity be calculated

I worked in 2 companies. Those are 2 sister companies. I left one company and joined the other company. The directors of the companies are same. I have worked for around 9 years in these 2 companies combined. I want to know how will my gratuity be calculated? Can they not provide me my gratuity?

Advocate Nishant Rai answered
calculation of gratuity is a Issue more related to accounts than legal. Please consult a CA/CS as the case may be. If in your service contract or terms & conditions, clause of gratuity is present, then for sure gratuity is payable to you.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Nishant Rai

Can Advocate Nishant Rai represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Nishant Rai can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Nishant Rai?

When you meet with Advocate Nishant Rai for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Nishant Rai?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Nishant Rai, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Nishant Rai?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Nishant Rai, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Nishant Rai?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Nishant Rai regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Nishant Rai?

The cost of hiring Advocate Nishant Rai can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.