One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Gurgaon - Advocate Milind Modi

Advocate Milind Modi

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoGurgaon, Gurgaon
LawRato5 years Experience
Advocate Milind Modi
Practice Areas
Cheque Bounce, Child Custody, Civil, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Recovery, RERA
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi
Advocate Milind Modi has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.
Advocate Milind Modi

  • Delhi High Court
  • District Court, Gurgaon
  • Supreme Court Of India

Popular Reviews

Akul Mathur - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Advocate Milind Modi understood my issue quite well and guided me through the entire process. The lawyer provided me with sound advice.
2 months ago
Advocate Milind Modi

Questions Answered by Advocate Milind Modi

Q: About Bijli Bill Payment Consumed By Family Member

I'm owner of the house.My elder son lives seperately in the house with his family. I'm an old widow pensioner. My son gives me his bijli bill payment online,showing the units consumed in submeter.But everytime he takes written from me on a new paper with my name, address,my house portion extra, with my sign.Afterthat he pays online to me.I or my younger unmarried son objections,then he get angry. What should I do.I'm helpless.Pl.suggest me,to whom I should contact for help.should I hope,that I shall get a sure reply in this app.Thanking for giving your precious time for my looking request.--Madhu Khosla,H.B.C., Ambala City--134003.M.N.9729161220

Advocate Milind Modi answered
You can remove his sub meter and without your permission, he cannot use electricity even if he is your son. Also, any of your objections if are unheard or not taken seriously can be entertained in the senior citizen act

Q: Remedy as husband filing for divorce & can husband ask wife to leave house in india ?

My husband is talking of divorce.. I don't want one. He is asking me to leave the house but I am not moving out. We are staying in separate rooms. I am contributing towards home expenses. can husband throw wife out of house or can he stop financially supporting me and my son. I am Indian and working . We have properties in joint names. Do we have equal rights in the properties even after marriage. We are not living as normal couples but I am still in love with him.

Advocate Milind Modi answered
He can’t throw you out of the house even if you’re not a joint owner. Your husband is legally bound to maintain you and your son but if he isn’t, then we can file a maintenance case for the same. Your husband can’t even divorce you if you don’t want to. One piece of advice is that you don’t leave the possession of the house in any manner.

Q: I want to recover money from my friend

1 year ago I gave 2 lakh rs to my friend by UPI Transfer on condition that he will return 2.5 lakh after 1 year. But now he is not picking my phone.

Advocate Milind Modi answered
You can file the Suit for Recovery for recovering the said amount from your friend.In case, you are afraid that the court procedure might take long time for the order or judgment, then you can file the said civil suit under Order 37 cpc which is very speedy process to avail you a favourable order.In the said civil suit, you can also ask the court to attach personal property of your friend during the court proceedings which might include property and bank accounts of your friend.Also, you can file a criminal complaint regarding the same under section 420 and 406 IPC.

Q: How to cancel the online marriage certificate application form

I wish to reapply for the marriage certificate (online) because of an error in filling the application. In the previous application, the area was accidentally filled as 'URBAN' so the application has gone to a tehsil office in Gharaunda, Karnal. We are however residents of Gurgaon. How can I get my previous application cancelled to apply for a new one?

Advocate Milind Modi answered
Your query is a common question posed by almost many people who realise their mistake after obtaining their certificate or completing their application process.The new application can be made without cancelling the previously one unless the website or the software is restricting you to do that.However, if the website is restricting you from making a new application or editing the previous one, then the concerned clerk can help you in the best poss manner.

Q: Wife not appearing in Court for my Adultery case filed against her

I had filed divorce case against my wife under Hindu Marriage Act Section 13 (1), (I-A) in August 2023, She didn't appeared on 2 dates as of now. Court has assigned 3rd date in April. Till how many dates it will take court to give decision on this matter if she doesn't appear on any hearing.

Advocate Milind Modi answered
SeeThis is a very common query of almost all the clients.It is mainly because of lack of legal knowledge that a common person possess.Also, the legal system and the court procedure is such that at times, it becomes difficult for a lawyer to explain the court’s procedures and progress of a case on every date of hearing.Coming back to your query, one can resolve your query or could give you a satisfactory response only after knowing what stage your case is proceeding with in the court.Without actually realising the stage of the case, no professional could give you appropriate advice or guidance.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Milind Modi

Can Advocate Milind Modi represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Milind Modi can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Milind Modi?

When you meet with Advocate Milind Modi for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Milind Modi?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Milind Modi, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Milind Modi?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Milind Modi, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Milind Modi?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Milind Modi regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Milind Modi?

The cost of hiring Advocate Milind Modi can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.

Advocate Milind Modi