One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Delhi - Advocate Goutam Prasad

Advocate Goutam Prasad

LawRato Verified
LawRato 1.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoNehru Vihar, Delhi
LawRato20 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Child Custody, Civil, Court Marriage, Criminal, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi
Advocate Goutam Prasad has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.

Advocate Goutam provides services in various field of civil laws, criminal laws, family law and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Goutam enrolled with the Bar Council of Delhi in 2003. He is a member of the Delhi High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment No : D/1714/2003

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Delhi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Goutam Prasad. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Goutam Prasad

Q: Procedure and fee structure of divorce, please advise

I want divorce from my wife our marriage have 16 year completed and from last 1 year I live alone. I Bering all the expenses from normal glossy item to my children education each and every thing. Please tell me what is the court fee and other free structure. I live in delhi

Advocate Goutam Prasad answered
Sorry to hear of your troubled married life. For divorce there can be two types - Mutual Consent which needs consent of both husband & wife and contested where you may take divorce irrespective of her being against divorce. You may read details of both at Prasad Advocate

Q: What is the procedure for divorce.

I was married in nov 2014 n since then my husb n stayed less than 6 months with me n moved to Germany . I am currently working n supporting solely myself . I was working in USA before marriage n came to India to marry ,post marriage my husb n asked me to go again to America n put his USA visa n during this time he went Germany from India . Since then he never came back to India . I came back to India nov 2016 as he told me he would join me in India. Currently I am staying with my parents in Delhi n my spouse did not put my Germany visa also. I am looking for divorce as in past 2 yrs of my marriage he never had physical relations with me nor spent any money on me . He is very aggressive n fights a lot , cannot stay with him. He always said he is coming to India but did not come till now n always made false promises that he will come . His parents support his bad actions as they keep his money n do not allow me to enter there home also. We had spent a lot of amount in marriage.

Advocate Goutam Prasad answered
If you wish to take divorce, you can have two choices either you may ask your husband and if he is ready then take divorce by mutual consent, or you can seek contested divorce on proving cruelty and desertion. Since he never invited you to accompany him at Germany both the grounds can be proved. Your expenses on marriage has legally no bearing in eyes of law. The same are told to court just to please petitioner like you and in anticipation of court considering same while granting permanent alimony. But legally court should not be influenced by same alone.

Q: Does hindu succession amendment 2015 apply to decree passed in 2003

does hindu succession amendment 2015 apply to pending suits if preliminary decree passed in 2003?

Advocate Goutam Prasad answered
No, law passed in year 2015 can not have any bearing on decree of 2003. Amendment in Hindu Succession Act is not applied retrospectively. However, if it was preliminary decree and final decree is awaited, Court will decide your case under present law, i.e. Amended Hindu Succession Act.

Q: Uncle unlawfully distributed the property what can i do.

Mere tau ji n mere aa ko hamri proprty me se 1/3ka share diya kuki hamsirf ladkiya hh hamara koi bhai nii and unhone hamre ghr pr tod fod bi ki h hamne polic complain kiya bt polic valo ne koi actin ni liy kaha ki court se fesla hoga kuki unhone polic valo ke pese de diye thi or ab bi yahi dhmki de rhe h ghr todn ki plzzz help me plzzz

Advocate Goutam Prasad answered
Police take action only on criminal cases as defined in IPC. Such matter of family dispute is out of purview of police jurisdiction.If your tau has not given your requisite share in property, you have option to file partition suit in the court having jurisdiction of area where property is situated.

Q: How can i Appeal in HC for a case against BSES Rajdhani

Due to some mistakes by my learned counsel, I mistakenly went the Permanent Lok Adalat to fight a case against BSES Rajdhani. Instead of being able to fight the case on its merits, I was forced into a settlement which I didn't want. How do I appeal to the Higher Court? In case an appeal is not possible, what other legal recourse is available?

Advocate Goutam Prasad answered
Unfortunately after settlement, no other remedies exist. Your advocate should have been informed you that lok adalat is for mediation and not for adjudication. If you have signed on any settlement, no appeal lies.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Goutam Prasad

Can Advocate Goutam Prasad represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Goutam Prasad can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Goutam Prasad?

When you meet with Advocate Goutam Prasad for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Goutam Prasad?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Goutam Prasad, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Goutam Prasad?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Goutam Prasad, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Goutam Prasad?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Goutam Prasad regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Goutam Prasad?

The cost of hiring Advocate Goutam Prasad can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.