quesMissed filing tax return, now received mail form the department.

I was unaware of the mandate of tax filing and have eventually missed filing return for a year. I was now received an email from the Compliance team of the Income Tax department seeking a response on the non-submission. Please advise urgently since this demands a response within days.

  • ansWe need to see the contents of the letter to examine which Assessment Year does the letter pertain to. The next course of action would be suggested thereafter. There is an option to file a Belated Return under the Income tax Act, 1961.

    Advocate Abhimanyu Jhamba

      Defence Colony, Delhi

  • ansThank you for your query. Can you please confirm the financial year you are refering to.

    We do have time to file our return until end of March for the financial year 2013-14.

    Request you to share the exact information and we can accordingly timely guide you.

    Sincerely yours,

    Advocate Saurabh Kumar

      Greater Kailash, Part 1, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Tax lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, I am planning to start export firm but I don’t have any manufacturing unit…

I need help and advice from you regarding the income tax. am working from last…

My employer hasn't filed the TDS payment details against my PAN number for all the…

Tax Lawyers in India

Advocate Anuj Aggarwal

  Model Town, Phase 3
 Experience: 13 years

Advocate Ankita Singh

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate N Sudalai Muthu

  Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Anupam Dighe

  S Bharucha Marg
 Experience: 18 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly