Missed filing tax return, now received mail form the department.
I was unaware of the mandate of tax filing and have eventually missed filing return for a year. I was now received an email from the Compliance team of the Income Tax department seeking a response on the non-submission. Please advise urgently since this demands a response within days.
We need to see the contents of the letter to examine which Assessment Year does the letter pertain to. The next course of action would be suggested thereafter. There is an option to file a Belated Return under the Income tax Act, 1961.
Advocate Abhimanyu JhambaDefence Colony, Delhi
Thank you for your query. Can you please confirm the financial year you are refering to.
We do have time to file our return until end of March for the financial year 2013-14.
Request you to share the exact information and we can accordingly timely guide you.
Advocate Saurabh KumarGreater Kailash, Part 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure and formalities for a court marriage?
- What is the procedure to form a family trust and what tax implications
- What should i do if builder is saying they wont go ahead with project
- Is there any limitation period for filing of the partition suit
- Welding shop running in residential area. What legal action to stop it