×

quesMissed filing tax return, now received mail form the department.

I was unaware of the mandate of tax filing and have eventually missed filing return for a year. I was now received an email from the Compliance team of the Income Tax department seeking a response on the non-submission. Please advise urgently since this demands a response within days.

• ansWe need to see the contents of the letter to examine which Assessment Year does the letter pertain to. The next course of action would be suggested thereafter. There is an option to file a Belated Return under the Income tax Act, 1961.

Advocate Abhimanyu Jhamba

Defence Colony, Delhi

• ansThank you for your query. Can you please confirm the financial year you are refering to.

We do have time to file our return until end of March for the financial year 2013-14.

Request you to share the exact information and we can accordingly timely guide you.

Sincerely yours,
    Saurabh

Advocate Saurabh Kumar

Greater Kailash, Part 1, Delhi