Can court refuse to take documents obtained through RTI
Sir/Madam, 1) numerous courts are considering certified document obtain under RTI Act is a secondary evidence, 1) what do i do when court is refusing to accept such document obtain under RTI Act 2) government revenue departms refuse to issue certified record under RTI Act 3) department is refusing to furnish the land record data base in electronic format i,e CD, OR DVD inspite of CIC order department is still refused to issue the entire data base in electronic format they ask me to obtain individual record by paying fee
There is no reason why information obtained under the RTI Act should not be taken in evidence. It is as good as any other document admissible as evidence. Moreover, it is primary evidence and not secondary. I am of the firm opinion that the "information “under the RTI Act is an important piece of evidence. Information obtained under RTI Act, are actually part of the documents held by Public Authority, who are actually Gazetted officers and also hold quasi-judicial authority. Any certified copy of any document received by virtue of RTI Act, is a document in conclusive. The Right to Information Act provides that certain sensitive information may be withheld from the public, if the public authority in possession of the information thinks that the same is likely to jeopardize either national interests or to violate the trade secrets. These exceptions are found in primarily, in Sec. 8 and Sec. 9 of the RTI '05. Basic fee needs to be paid to obtain information under RTI.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Defective laptop can I claim refund
- What is the maintainability of wife in the divorce case
- Divorce pending husband transferred property from my name to mother
- Recruitment in central govt. Job for engineering
- how can i claim my salary from my last employer we dont have contract