School authorities refusing to refund admission fees. What to do?
I got my daughter admitted in a school in indrapuram and paid school fee of 70,000. Now i am relocating to chandigarh. She did not go to school even for a single day.
I informed the school authorities about the same and asked for a refund. The school has refused to refund the admission fee.
What legal recourse do i have?
We would advice you to send a legal notice through a lawyer to the school authorities demanding back the payment of the admission fees.
As per our experience you should be able to get your payment back from the legal notice only.
But if you are unable to recover your payment from the legal notice then you can file a suit for recovery in the concerned civil court.
However, if while signing any documents there was a clause that admission fee shall not be refundable then, there lies no course. If there was no such clause in the documents signed or acted up then the legal notice is the apt remedy.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to take divorce from my husband how can I get back my things
- Wife backed out of mutual consent divorce after taking alimony
- Lady hit us from behind and now asking for money else will file case
- Custody of child if mother is death and father does not want her
- What are the legal requirements for starting up a business