quesSchool authorities refusing to refund admission fees. What to do?

I got my daughter admitted in a school in indrapuram and paid school fee of 70,000. Now i am relocating to chandigarh. She did not go to school even for a single day.

I informed the school authorities about the same and asked for a refund. The school has refused to refund the admission fee.

What legal recourse do i have?

  • ans

     We would advice you to send a legal notice through a lawyer to the school authorities demanding back the payment of the admission fees.

    As per our experience you should be able to get your payment back from the legal notice only.

    But if you are unable to recover your payment from the legal notice then you can file a suit for recovery in the concerned civil court.

    However, if while signing any documents there was a clause that admission fee shall not be refundable then, there lies no course. If there was no such clause in the documents signed or acted up then the legal notice is the apt remedy.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

i gave a Carpenter Rs 3500 advance to do some chair repairing work. But he…

hi , In Sept 2012 I had lent a sum of Rs. 2 Lakh to…

Dear sir , I had taken a laptop from an acquaintance ,and I couldn't return…
I took loan from bank, now I not able to pay now how can I…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly