School authorities refusing to refund admission fees. What to do?

I got my daughter admitted in a school in indrapuram and paid school fee of 70,000. Now i am relocating to chandigarh. She did not go to school even for a single day.

I informed the school authorities about the same and asked for a refund. The school has refused to refund the admission fee.

What legal recourse do i have?

Answer

We would advice you to send a legal notice through a lawyer to the school authorities demanding back the payment of the admission fees.

As per our experience you should be able to get your payment back from the legal notice only.

But if you are unable to recover your payment from the legal notice then you can file a suit for recovery in the concerned civil court.

However, if while signing any documents there was a clause that admission fee shall not be refundable then, there lies no course. If there was no such clause in the documents signed or acted up then the legal notice is the apt remedy.