quesreceived Notice from Bank for recovery after 4 years. What to do?

From April 2011 I raised a complaint to ICICI and did not pay still further notification...I have not heard anything from them till date. But after 4 years, now I am getting call from collection agency. They are also contacting my friends taking the phone number from my facebook account. 1st is I think this case is now time barred limitation and 2nd is no agency can call others and trying to blame. How could I take action on these points.

  • ansYes you are right the case is time barred and the bank through the collection agent is trying to harrass you so that you take some legal action and admit or achknnowledge the loan amount which would start a fresh period of limitation. Such tactics by banks are common. File police complaint for Harassment against the telephone no from which you are. Receiving. Calls

    Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

      Jor Bagh, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

is it possible to get court order without filing law suit to getting bank account…

I had given Rs 200000 to someone on interest. He has given me blank cheque…
A guy in Bangalore took 2.38 lkhs from me. He took 1 lakh in Feb…
My husband took bank OD facility for his proprietorship firm My husband & I were…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly