received Notice from Bank for recovery after 4 years. What to do?
From April 2011 I raised a complaint to ICICI and did not pay still further notification...I have not heard anything from them till date. But after 4 years, now I am getting call from collection agency. They are also contacting my friends taking the phone number from my facebook account. 1st is I think this case is now time barred limitation and 2nd is no agency can call others and trying to blame. How could I take action on these points.
Yes you are right the case is time barred and the bank through the collection agent is trying to harrass you so that you take some legal action and admit or achknnowledge the loan amount which would start a fresh period of limitation. Such tactics by banks are common. File police complaint for Harassment against the telephone no from which you are. Receiving. Calls
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife won maintenance case how to challenge the order in HC?
- Mental Harassment, Creating unsafe environment in a family, psychotic
- Domestic violence by husband how can I claim maintenance
- corporation has sent us notice and harassing for house construction
- two years passed since retirement, haven't recieved luggage claim yet