Loan given to friend. He's not wiling to return it. What can i do now?
I had given 2 lack Rupees to one of my friends as a loan and I gave him a/c payee cheque. Now he is reluctant to pay my money back. Now what legal action can I take to get my money back?
As you have stated that you had lend this money to your friend by way of an A/C payee cheque, it can be proven in court that it was in the form of a friendly loan and hence not documented.
Now you can first send him a legal notice demanding payment of the said loan within 15 days and in case he does not make the payment, you can file a civil suit for recovery of the said amount against him in the competent Court.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action, if needed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Fraud by salesman at car showroom what can I do
- Does first wife daughter has rights to share the father's property
- Harassment form a boy showing nude photos what action can i take
- Police man used abusive language and took my RC what are my rights
- Husband giving divorce but wife is not ready please advise