Loan given to friend. He's not wiling to return it. What can i do now?

I had given 2 lack Rupees to one of my friends as a loan and I gave him a/c payee cheque. Now he is reluctant to pay my money back. Now what legal action can I take to get my money back?

As you have stated that you had lend this money to your friend by way of an A/C payee cheque, it can be proven in court that it was in the form of a friendly loan and hence not documented. 

Now you can first send him a legal notice demanding payment of the said loan within 15 days and in case he does not make the payment, you can file a civil suit for recovery of the said amount against him in the competent Court.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action, if needed.