Loan given to friend. He's not wiling to return it. What can i do now?

In Recovery Law

I had given 2 lack Rupees to one of my friends as a loan and I gave him a/c payee cheque. Now he is reluctant to pay my money back. Now what legal action can I take to get my money back?

Answers (1)

363 votes

As you have stated that you had lend this money to your friend by way of an A/C payee cheque, it can be proven in court that it was in the form of a friendly loan and hence not documented. 

Now you can first send him a legal notice demanding payment of the said loan within 15 days and in case he does not make the payment, you can file a civil suit for recovery of the said amount against him in the competent Court.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action, if needed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles