how to get money back for undelivered plots
We had paid advance money to book residential plots, which were yet to be approved by the authorities. We had paid Rs.50000 per plot and also had convinced 2 of our relatives to buy this property, as the area seemed to have a potential for growth. There were also other esteemed people of our town, who had invested in the property. So, in good faith we went ahead and paid the booking amount in 2010. We were given the receipt of the payment. However, till date we haven't received any update on the property and when approached, the real-estate developer says that the approval is still under process. Our further investigation on this particular developer shows that he has the practice of taking land which have unclear ownership records and selling it to innocent people. Given this background, we want to get our money back with the bank rate of interest. We had sent a written letter through R/D with Acknowledgement. The company has received the letter, but there is no reply even after 2 months. We want to explore the legal option and get our money back.
How was the payment made? Was it by cash or cheque? Was there any acknowledgement received? Was any written agreement signed? You state that you have sent a letter by R/D but no reply has been received. In such a case you can move consumer forum against the developer for deficiency in service and ask for refund of money with interest and also claim compensation for the harassment you have gone through.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- A part of the land is not registered what can i do
- Notice sent to me for cheque bounced. What to do next
- Husband suddenly asks for divorce after 15 years of marriage
- What is the share of daughter in mothers property after her death
- Clarification about personal account in a bank