×

queshow to get money back for undelivered plots

We had paid advance money to book residential plots, which were yet to be approved by the authorities. We had paid Rs.50000 per plot and also had convinced 2 of our relatives to buy this property, as the area seemed to have a potential for growth. There were also other esteemed people of our town, who had invested in the property. So, in good faith we went ahead and paid the booking amount in 2010. We were given the receipt of the payment. However, till date we haven't received any update on the property and when approached, the real-estate developer says that the approval is still under process. Our further investigation on this particular developer shows that he has the practice of taking land which have unclear ownership records and selling it to innocent people. Given this background, we want to get our money back with the bank rate of interest. We had sent a written letter through R/D with Acknowledgement. The company has received the letter, but there is no reply even after 2 months. We want to explore the legal option and get our money back.

• ansHow was the payment made? Was it by cash or cheque? Was there any acknowledgement received? Was any written agreement signed? You state that you have sent a letter by R/D but no reply has been received. In such a case you can move consumer forum against the developer for deficiency in service and ask for refund of money with interest and also claim compensation for the harassment you have gone through.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only