quesFather took loan is son liable to pay after his death

My dad passed away few months back.He used to stay separately from me.Few people contacted me with papers showing that they have given money to my dad and taken his signature. My dad was very old and had been suffering from old age related ailments. I was informed that this transaction happened during this time when he was totally bed ridden and not in his full senses. I am totally unaware of this transaction and neither do i know what happened with that money.My dad never told me anything about all of these when he was alive. Pls advice if i'm legally bound to pay. How strong is my case?

  • ansHi
    Normally son is liable to repay the debts of his father as it is a pious obligations. However, since u say u have been living
    separately you can contest the case that you have been living separately, don't pay any money to the creditors, further its looks like he was not in his senses, you have a good case to contest, deny the payment and contest legally.
    Pratap, Adv

    Advocate Pratap Kumar

      Madiwala, Bangalore

  • ansNo… You are not liable to make any payment …

    Unless… your father has mentioned to the people from whom he had borrowed the money that you will be accountable to make the repayment in case of he unable to make the payment or in case of his death.

    Advocate Sonia Rajesh

      Banaswadi, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I gave some amount of money to my known person but now he refused to…

Our Bank has filed case in DRT for recovery. Their Original Application was allowed and…

Dear sir/madam, I have lent 5,00,000 to my friend for her mom's hospitalization 8 months…

One of my friend, was in financial trouble, as his father met an accident. so…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly