×

quesFather took loan is son liable to pay after his death

My dad passed away few months back.He used to stay separately from me.Few people contacted me with papers showing that they have given money to my dad and taken his signature. My dad was very old and had been suffering from old age related ailments. I was informed that this transaction happened during this time when he was totally bed ridden and not in his full senses. I am totally unaware of this transaction and neither do i know what happened with that money.My dad never told me anything about all of these when he was alive. Pls advice if i'm legally bound to pay. How strong is my case?

• ansHi
    Normally son is liable to repay the debts of his father as it is a pious obligations. However, since u say u have been living
    separately you can contest the case that you have been living separately, don't pay any money to the creditors, further its looks like he was not in his senses, you have a good case to contest, deny the payment and contest legally.
    Regards,
    Pratap, Adv

Advocate Pratap Kumar

Madiwala, Bangalore

• ansNo… You are not liable to make any payment …

Unless… your father has mentioned to the people from whom he had borrowed the money that you will be accountable to make the repayment in case of he unable to make the payment or in case of his death.

Advocate Sonia Rajesh

Banaswadi, Bangalore

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only