quesFalse TDS against a businessman

I am a businessman in Mumbai recently I received a notice from the IT department that in 2012 a TDS certificate in my name was issued by some company in Bangalore of about 10 lakhs by deducting TDS and paid into the account of IT department in my name.

But as a matter of fact my business was almost running into losses from 2008 and was not filing any returns. I made a statement to the IT department about the false TDS but what action can I take against the company in Mumbai,kindly mention with IPC sections in this regard.

• ansYou should contact a local lawyer (with IT notice) who specializes in matters related to Tax, which would be preferable.

• Related IPC Sections