False TDS against a businessman
I am a businessman in Mumbai recently I received a notice from the IT department that in 2012 a TDS certificate in my name was issued by some company in Bangalore of about 10 lakhs by deducting TDS and paid into the account of IT department in my name.
But as a matter of fact my business was almost running into losses from 2008 and was not filing any returns. I made a statement to the IT department about the false TDS but what action can I take against the company in Mumbai,kindly mention with IPC sections in this regard.
You should contact a local lawyer (with IT notice) who specializes in matters related to Tax, which would be preferable.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 200 - Using as true such declaration knowing it to be false
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to file a suit for recovery of money
- Whether pictures uploaded on social media taken as evidence in court
- Payed EMIs properly. Now company making false allegation for new loan
- Plan to get post dated cheque for money given what action if bounced
- Builder delayed possession what action can I take