quesFalse TDS against a businessman

I am a businessman in Mumbai recently I received a notice from the IT department that in 2012 a TDS certificate in my name was issued by some company in Bangalore of about 10 lakhs by deducting TDS and paid into the account of IT department in my name.

But as a matter of fact my business was almost running into losses from 2008 and was not filing any returns. I made a statement to the IT department about the false TDS but what action can I take against the company in Mumbai,kindly mention with IPC sections in this regard.

  • ansYou should contact a local lawyer (with IT notice) who specializes in matters related to Tax, which would be preferable.

  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 200 - Using as true such declaration knowing it to be false
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have given money in cash to a friend at interest rate of 3% per…

Sir, My father had given a loan of Rs.2.5 lakhs to one of his office…

I have taken 5 lakh from local money lender . at the time of giving…

Hi, I have given some money to my Friend when he was with me in…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly