Buyer in a different city. Half payment pending. How to recover rest?
Delivered goods to a person in different city. Goods worth total of 10 lac rupees.
One post dated cheque of 5 lacs has been cleared but now he is not willing to pay the rest of the amount.
What legal action can I take as he is based in a different city?
It is of no relevance if he is based in other city.
To recover your money, the first step would be to send a legal notice to the person demanding payment of your pending dues.
Thereafter, if he does not respond to the said legal notice within a stipulated time then, you can file a case under order 37 of the civil procedure code (CPC) which deals with summary suits i.e. recovery of money.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder Project not completed what legal action can i take
- Received notice from bank for credit card dues which I had in 2002
- False allegations of sexual assault made by a female colleague
- Want share in property taken over by brother
- Partition of parental land occupied by younger brother