Buyer in a different city. Half payment pending. How to recover rest?

Delivered goods to a person in different city. Goods worth total of 10 lac rupees.

One post dated cheque of 5 lacs has been cleared but now he is not willing to pay the rest of the amount.

What legal action can I take as he is based in a different city?


It is of no relevance if he is based in other city.

To recover your money, the first step would be to send a legal notice to the person demanding payment of your pending dues.

Thereafter, if he does not respond to the said legal notice within a stipulated time then, you can file a case under order 37 of the civil procedure code (CPC) which deals with summary suits i.e. recovery of money.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

Hii I had lent a certain amount of money to my friend. He is refusing to return it back. His family has also refused. I have WhatsApp messages as evid…

Read More

my twins are 3 and a half years old and we took admission to nursery in maneckji cooper school , juhu by paying 48000/- each on 26/12/2017 on f…

Read More

One year ago, I have taken loan of Rs. 5.50 Lac from an individual to start up a business with him. The amount has been transferred periodically to my…

Read More

Hi, One of my friend borrowed 25 Lakhs before 2 years from me in india, after that he moved to USA. Now he is not responding to me anymore, also told …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue