Buyer in a different city. Half payment pending. How to recover rest?

Delivered goods to a person in different city. Goods worth total of 10 lac rupees.

One post dated cheque of 5 lacs has been cleared but now he is not willing to pay the rest of the amount.

What legal action can I take as he is based in a different city?

Answer

It is of no relevance if he is based in other city.

To recover your money, the first step would be to send a legal notice to the person demanding payment of your pending dues.

Thereafter, if he does not respond to the said legal notice within a stipulated time then, you can file a case under order 37 of the civil procedure code (CPC) which deals with summary suits i.e. recovery of money.