Bank harassing us for the credit card payment. Can i take any action?
My mother had a kotak mahindra credit card and had a good credit history but a few years ago my father got a heart attack and because of that she used that credit card for the treatment as there was no source of income and savings because my father was the only earning hand in the family.
Now the bank recovery people are harrasing us like anything and threatning us for kurki. I am her son and a student and my mom is not working. Please guide me what to do. I am so depressed sir.
As you are well aware that since the credit card has been used and that money has been utilized, there is nothing we can do to stop the bank from seeking recovery of the amount through legal recourse.
However, you can approach the bank officials and request them to waive off a certain amount and / or to make installments for the payment of the same, on humanitarian grounds and in view of your circumstances.
In case the bank or its representatives are using any illegal means like harrasment on the phone / threats etc. you may approach the Police and file a complaint against them as the only way a bank can recover its dues is through legal recourse.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- A guy cheated us took money on promise to give job what legal action
- Am i eligible for applying to government jobs
- How to claim ownership of agricultural land
- Builder giving possession without completing common amenities. Advise
- Written book for a publisher not received payment had oral contract