Wrong amount put in the sale agreement. What to do?
In the process of sale of our property we have signed an agreement with a person for lesser amount than the correct amount (government rate) due to some mistake. How can we correct the amount or is there any chance of cancelling the agreement? If we violate the agreement can he file any case against me? The agreement is not registered.
You may sign another agreement for cancellation/modification of the earlier agreement. But that has to be done with the consent and signatures of both the parties.
Since the sale agreement is not registered, the buyer can not ask for specific performance of the contract but can claim damages only.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Neighbor creating block on road coming to my property?
- How to procure lost sale deed
- Harmful enviroment due to use of low quality products
- Denied entry in public gathering organized by gujarati community
- How to correct mother's in Class 10th PSEB certificate