×

quesWrong amount put in the sale agreement. What to do?

In the process of sale of our property we have signed an agreement with a person for lesser amount than the correct amount (government rate) due to some mistake. How can we correct the amount or is there any chance of cancelling the agreement? If we violate the agreement can he file any case against me? The agreement is not registered.

• ans You may sign another agreement for cancellation/modification of the earlier agreement. But that has to be done with the consent and signatures of both the parties.

Since the sale agreement is not registered, the buyer can not ask for specific performance of the contract but can claim damages only.