Will not created for the property by mother
My husband and his siblings are total 7 children - 4 sons and 3 daughters. My mother in law owns a flat in Mumbai and she expired recently without a will. The flat is up for redevelopment and the costs are been borne by my husband. He has been taking care of all the maintenance and overhead costs from the time the flat was bought. She had been staying with us from the time we married - 11 years. We had been looking after her expenses medical and otherwise single handedly without help from any of the brothers or sisters( except if she had been provided money by any of them). She has not written a will but wanted my husband - her last born to own the said flat verbally. What can be done in this case?
Her oral wish to the effect that your husband should own the entire flat post her demise has no validity in the eyes of law. Since she died without making a will all her children have an equal share in the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Missed timeline for filing a case U/S 138 what to do now.
- Descharge from air force under rule 15 (2) (g) (2)
- Took maternity leave on rejoining company asking to terminate
- Can Grandson claim share in the property of grandfather
- Can grandson claim right in grandfather's property