quesWill not created for the property by mother

My husband and his siblings are total 7 children - 4 sons and 3 daughters. My mother in law owns a flat in Mumbai and she expired recently without a will. The flat is up for redevelopment and the costs are been borne by my husband. He has been taking care of all the maintenance and overhead costs from the time the flat was bought. She had been staying with us from the time we married - 11 years. We had been looking after her expenses medical and otherwise single handedly without help from any of the brothers or sisters( except if she had been provided money by any of them). She has not written a will but wanted my husband - her last born to own the said flat verbally. What can be done in this case?

  • ansHer oral wish to the effect that your husband should own the entire flat post her demise has no validity in the eyes of law. Since she died without making a will all her children have an equal share in the property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi, there's been a construction going on our roof, at first we were pretty okay…

My Father had willed his property to my mother's name and after his death the…
Rite Developers was appointed for redevelopment of Gumphadarshan CHS in 2012 & promised 35% extra…

Hello, I had a plot near Hebbal measuring 1200 sq.ft for sale. I was approached…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly