quesVOC required for commercial space in residential prop.

I have purchased a non-residential property in Co-Operative Housing Society Mumbai. Electric Meter and Water Meter both are commercial and the seller is a Doctor. I am into business of Manufacturing office furniture and have a factory at dombivli. I need to set up my office for Marketing and designing purpose in the premises. But society is refusing to give NOC for the same as they say that the NOC can only be given to Professionals like Doctor, Architects, CA or lawyer.

• ansAs per the Indian law, you cannot use residential premises for commercial purposes.