×

quesUncles forcing grandfather to surrender our share by Will. What to do?

We have a property in our Grandfather's name located in Delhi. There is a power of attorney along with the property documents, where my father has been given a right to amend and alter the property.

Now, my Grandfather has made a Will as well under my uncle's pressure, which we are not transparent to. Since he is very old my other uncles are putting pressure on us to surrender our share of property to them where they will pay us very minimal amount as compensation.

What should we do?

From your query we can infer that the property in your grandfather's name is his self aquired property, however, we would still like to have a look at the documents with respect to the title of the property, to give your any opinion.

However, if you can lay your hands on the Will, your grandfather can get a complaint lodged with the Police or the Senior Citizen Cell about the Will having been got executed under duress and pressure and can get the same cancelled or execute a fresh Will as per his own accord.

However, a suit for partition can only be filed in case the property in dispute is ancestral.