quesStop my father from selling his property

My father has illicit relationship and i filed a complaint under section 502,3,7. His monthly salary is 38,000 rupees. Is there any possible way to stop him from selling his property? Can i claim my share in his property as long as he is alive. If I file a case for maintenance in court then will that be solely based on his salary?

My age is 22 and I am a student. Since he is in a semi government job can we have claim on our share in his provident fund? Can his insurance policies, medi-claim policies, fixed deposits be blocked?

  • ansIf it is an ancestral property you can stop your father from selling the property and if it is his self acquired property you can not claim any share. PF can not be claimed by his legal heirs when he is alive and it is his right during his life time over the PF money which would have been accumulated in his account by virtue of his service as an employee.

    Regarding FDs & Insurance policies, if it is in his name, the maturity amount during his life time will be paid to him only. However if the person dies during the subsistence of FD/ and or Insurance policies, then the proceeds are payable to his legal heirs. On the other hand your mother has got the right to restrain him from selling the matrimonial home by obtaining injunction from court by filing DV case against him and can claim reliefs like maintenance, compensation, right to stay in matrimonial home or an alternative accommodation.

    You are also entitled for maintenance & stay in your father's home.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I made advance payments for a home in a under construction project under " construction…
Respected sir/madam my house is belonged to my uncle but some money and fully constructed…
Can EWS flat can be transferred to non BPL category. As per dealer registry is…
Hello , my dad had won a case which was at the city civil court…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly