quesShare of my sister and wife on my mothers property after her death

My mother died and left a piece of land. now I want to notminate myself as a successor, but I want to know if my sister also gets share in the property? Also does my wife have a share in it too? Kindly help

• ansYes the property will be equally divided among the three of you if the property is of ancestral nature but if the property is self acquired then you and your sister can claim the share in the property however, your wife will not have any special right in the property although as there was no will then it will also be divided among the three of you in rational portions.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi