Share of my sister and wife on my mothers property after her death
My mother died and left a piece of land. now I want to notminate myself as a successor, but I want to know if my sister also gets share in the property? Also does my wife have a share in it too? Kindly help
Yes the property will be equally divided among the three of you if the property is of ancestral nature but if the property is self acquired then you and your sister can claim the share in the property however, your wife will not have any special right in the property although as there was no will then it will also be divided among the three of you in rational portions.
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Non Payment of Salary by company what action can I take
- Unable to repay loan due to poor financial conditions. What can i do?
- District and state information officer unable to help.Where to appeal?
- How to file complaint against advocate in bar council
- Can Landlord threaten Tenant to throw him out of his shop