Party Mr. A took a loan from bank for business. Mr.A mortgaged properties to the bank. Mrs.A and Mr.B (son of Mr.A) also were co-borrowers. Business tanked and court attached properties that were mortgaged.
Two scenarios : (1) Mr.A had some properties that he did not mortgage to the Bank. Before being declared NPA, Mr.A transferred those properties to his Daughter Ms.C. Can bank attach these properties post declaration of NPA (2) Mrs.A (co-borrower) inherited a property from her father after. This was done while bank was trying to take over the properties. At that time, Mrs.A inherited a new property. She immediately transferred the property to her minor grandson. Can bank stake claim on this property?
Since Mr. A is no longer owner of the properties bank can't attach these properties. I presume all legal formalities were completed for transfer of properties and bank cannot claim properties transferred in name of minor grandson.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Convert non agricultural land to sale deed property
- Harassment and physical abuse in parental home
- We belong to SC category can we sell land to general category person
- Cheque bounce notice period expired can i redeposit cheque again now
- Arrested for stealing vehicles how can we do