quesSarfaesi Act

Party Mr. A took a loan from bank for business. Mr.A mortgaged properties to the bank. Mrs.A and Mr.B (son of Mr.A) also were co-borrowers. Business tanked and court attached properties that were mortgaged.

Two scenarios : (1) Mr.A had some properties that he did not mortgage to the Bank. Before being declared NPA, Mr.A transferred those properties to his Daughter Ms.C. Can bank attach these properties post declaration of NPA (2) Mrs.A (co-borrower) inherited a property from her father after. This was done while bank was trying to take over the properties. At that time, Mrs.A inherited a new property. She immediately transferred the property to her minor grandson. Can bank stake claim on this property?

  • ansSince Mr. A is no longer owner of the properties bank can't attach these properties. I presume all legal formalities were completed for transfer of properties and bank cannot claim properties transferred in name of minor grandson.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My dad brought a land from my mom's dowry money in Shahpur and later constructed…

My Uncle has got registered GPA on one of the property to sell. Now ,…

We are hindu by religion.IAm elder brother registered a settlement deed with my younger brother…
my husband constructed a house 6.5 yrs ago at his own expenses on a plot…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly