quesRisk in buying porperty where no original sale deed?

Can a friends property be registered if original sale deed is not with the him, but a copy of the deed acquired from the registrar is available and his name is displayed in the Encumbrance certificate? Is it safe to buy such property?

  • ansCheck whether FIR has been lodged by seller regarding missing original documents? Whether public notice issued? It may be that equitable mortgage has been created by seller by depositing original title deeds.

    If FIR is lodged, public notice issued then you can proceed with purchase of property on basis of certified copy of sale deed.

    We would advice you to avoid buying such property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir, we are hindu , mere papa log 2 bhai aur 2 behne hai 1.(SISTER)…
I am the only heir to my father. I have son who is still an…
I had purchased a plot and the owner of that property had left a way…
My father's house is sold to my sister's husband in absence of me in 22…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly