×

quesRisk in buying porperty where no original sale deed?

Can a friends property be registered if original sale deed is not with the him, but a copy of the deed acquired from the registrar is available and his name is displayed in the Encumbrance certificate? Is it safe to buy such property?

• ansCheck whether FIR has been lodged by seller regarding missing original documents? Whether public notice issued? It may be that equitable mortgage has been created by seller by depositing original title deeds.

If FIR is lodged, public notice issued then you can proceed with purchase of property on basis of certified copy of sale deed.

We would advice you to avoid buying such property.