Risk in buying porperty where no original sale deed?
Can a friends property be registered if original sale deed is not with the him, but a copy of the deed acquired from the registrar is available and his name is displayed in the Encumbrance certificate? Is it safe to buy such property?
Check whether FIR has been lodged by seller regarding missing original documents? Whether public notice issued? It may be that equitable mortgage has been created by seller by depositing original title deeds.
If FIR is lodged, public notice issued then you can proceed with purchase of property on basis of certified copy of sale deed.
We would advice you to avoid buying such property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Relative asking for money borrowed by grandfather
- Once rights in father's property given up. Can they be restored?
- How can I end relationship with my mother
- Wife is harassing me through false domestic violence cases
- Due Diligence not completed and Final salary pending.