quesProperty transfer.

We have purchased a flat in Oct 2009 and registered in both the names (myself and husband). But the total loan amount is been paid only by me since 4 years out of total tenure of 20 years. He has put in some money for interiors which may come up to max 5 lakhs. And this is taken from some of his friends and relatives, for which there is no documentation. As we are not in good terms since the day of marriage (14 years) and now in the state of mutual separation, is there any chance of registering the property only in my name? I need to be safe at home with my 13 year old daughter. He is a sort of person acting violently some time. How do i handle him in such situation? Please advise.

  • ansIn view of the fact that the flat has been registered jointly in the name of you and your husband both of you are equal owners thereof. As such, none of you can claim to be the sole owner of this flat. He has a fixed share of 50% in the flat. Is your husband willing to go mutual divorce? If yes, then in the deed of settlement you can incorporate a clause wherein your husband may relinquish his share in the flat in your favor. Later on a gift deed may be made by him to give effect to such a settlement. If he acts violently then file a police complaint against him and obtain protection from the court under Domestic Violence Act.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

It is a tea estate and is run by my uncle while his other brothers…

I have a property dispute with my father regarding an ancestral property. My grandfather has…

Builder is not returning a token amount of 201000

My family (Hindu) consists of two brothers n two sisters,at present all are married. My…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly