Property partition in father's property.
My father has expired with no will written. Now elder daughter-in-law who was not in touch with family for more than 10 years is now putting pressure to sell house/land. I wanted to ask does she have any right on property also if everyone is not in favor of selling property, how this could be handled?
On your father's death all legal heirs would have equal share in property. If you fail to give share any legal heir can move to court by filing suit for partition and obtain injunction restraining other heirs from selling property or creating any third party rights. Get valuation done of property.
You can enter into deed of family settlement in respect of all properties. Other legal heirs can purchase the share of person wanting to dispose of his share. You have not mentioned whether her husband is alive or dead, on husband's death, daughter in law would inherit his share of property.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can LLP be set for trading purpose without approval of RBI
- how to get FIR cancelled once 498 case is settled
- Tenant doing illegal activities in flat. How to remove him?
- In which court should I apply for divorce
- How can I file for divorce and claim maintenance under Muslim law