quesProperty partition in father's property.

My father has expired with no will written. Now elder daughter-in-law who was not in touch with family for more than 10 years is now putting pressure to sell house/land. I wanted to ask does she have any right on property also if everyone is not in favor of selling property, how this could be handled?

  • ansOn your father's death all legal heirs would have equal share in property. If you fail to give share any legal heir can move to court by filing suit for partition and obtain injunction restraining other heirs from selling property or creating any third party rights. Get valuation done of property.

    You can enter into deed of family settlement in respect of all properties. Other legal heirs can purchase the share of person wanting to dispose of his share. You have not mentioned whether her husband is alive or dead, on husband's death, daughter in law would inherit his share of property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Land sought to be sold through Power of attorney (blood relative). Whereabouts of Principal cannot…
Dear sir, Iam  i need clarification regarding iam having bmrda site 40% release site i…
We stay in building with 6 flats, 3 front 3 back, and we are on…
How to transfer a property co owned by father in law and husband to sole…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly