Original registry misplaced.
I have somehow lost the house registry papers, my father is unable to find them (although they aren't stolen but misplaced) we have all the photostats but the original registry is missing, what can be done now? What should be our next steps?
This problem is not uncommon. Collect certified copy of the Title Deed from the registration office where the said title deed was registered. Publish a notice in two newspaper, one being in vernacular, about the loss/misplacement of the Original Title Deed duly warning the people in general not to enter into any deal with any body presenting the said original Title Deed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Consumer complaint regarding low average of car
- cheated by a Foreign national in Bangalore
- What can be done if a civil suit goes against me? I filed the case.
- In laws forcing to leave house what can I do
- Can my sister sell the house on my behalf what documents are required