quesOriginal registry misplaced.

I have somehow lost the house registry papers, my father is unable to find them (although they aren't stolen but misplaced) we have all the photostats but the original registry is missing, what can be done now? What should be our next steps?

• ansThis problem is not uncommon. Collect certified copy of the Title Deed from the registration office where the said title deed was registered. Publish a notice in two newspaper, one being in vernacular, about the loss/misplacement of the Original Title Deed duly warning the people in general not to enter into any deal with any body presenting the said original Title Deed.