quesMother of unsound health cannot sign will.

My mother is Bedridden, Unsound and cannot sign.She is sole owner of the property with no will. I am only child of my parents. I want to clarify following queries -

1) Can i take loan against property in which my mother is sole owner as she is unwell with no will can my father sign on my mother behalf to avail the loan.As bank required Co-applicant to sign and my mother is not position to sign?

2) If i want to sold the property while she is still alive how can i do?

3) Do i need to give NOC to my father?

4)As said im the only child so no one will be their to challenge the will .Is will with thumb impression of my mother will valid?

  • ansA person of unsound mind cannot dispose of his property by will. You cannot take loan on property of which your mother is absolute owner. Your father cannot sign as co applicant 4) you have to make application to the court for being appointed as guardian of your mother. Your mother cannot sign or have her thumb impression on the will . the bequests made by said will shall be invalid as your mother is of unsound mind. Contact a local lawyer, soon.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I booked an apartment in Chennai in March 2013.I have been making payments to them…
Brief History: We had some lands in two different villages; lets say A and B.…

Hi, I belong to SC category belonging to Uttarakhand. My father brought a piece of…

hi my family own 2acre agricultural land in thane,which we acquired through the kul kayada.…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly