Mother of unsound health cannot sign will.
My mother is Bedridden, Unsound and cannot sign.She is sole owner of the property with no will. I am only child of my parents. I want to clarify following queries -
1) Can i take loan against property in which my mother is sole owner as she is unwell with no will can my father sign on my mother behalf to avail the loan.As bank required Co-applicant to sign and my mother is not position to sign?
2) If i want to sold the property while she is still alive how can i do?
3) Do i need to give NOC to my father?
4)As said im the only child so no one will be their to challenge the will .Is will with thumb impression of my mother will valid?
A person of unsound mind cannot dispose of his property by will. You cannot take loan on property of which your mother is absolute owner. Your father cannot sign as co applicant 4) you have to make application to the court for being appointed as guardian of your mother. Your mother cannot sign or have her thumb impression on the will . the bequests made by said will shall be invalid as your mother is of unsound mind. Contact a local lawyer, soon.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the validity of the will
- What NOC's are required for construction of residential building
- Can a security guard claim occupancy rights in a Coop Housing Society
- My wife left the matrimonial house and refuses to come back
- Can I retain govt accommodation on children education grounds