quesLes in carpet area as promised previously by builders

My complaint is against the builders of my newly purchased flat. The problem is that the carpet area of the flat is less than the area promised by the builders. After the continuous and long discussions for 6 months and after measuring the carpet area 5-6 times , the builders at first place agreed to pay me the compensation in the way that they will get the interior wood work done from there own and adjusting the less carpet area amount in the wood work. But after the wood work is done, the builders are now refusing to adjust the whole amount .. they are saying that they'll just pay the half amount i.e. Rs. 27000 (half payment). After this I told them that i'll take necessary actions against them; they mentioned after this that they'll not pay a single penny now.

Please suggest me that do i hold a valid case against them or not and if yes then how do i proceed with the case.

  • ansFirst give a legal notice then file a case in consumer forum

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir i need to know..that a family staying in a place since 30 year.this place…

What can my brother's wife do if her parent's property has been forcefully occupied by…

Hi, I wanted to know the process to file a case if grandfather sold ancestral…

my father has a property which he bought on lease from the land owner he…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly