quesLegal dispute on land.

We have purchased the flat from A class builder, (a listed company) which is due for possession in march 2015, recently we have come to know some litigation is going on in respect of the land. So far we have paid more than 60% of the amount (all payment though cheque only). We are getting the demand note every month from the builder and regarding the litigation issues, builder has also confirmed that litigation is there but same is man gable issue.

The building completion has been 60% of the block. in such scenario , will it be necessary for us to continue to honor the demand note. should we hold our payment and wait for legal issue to be resolved; can he levy the interest charge on delayed payment?

  • ansYou should make payment on time . in event you default builder will charge you interest as per said agreement . As on date work is in progress. Honor your commitments. If after making full payment builder defaults in honoring his commitments you can drag him to consumer forum and seek refund with interest and also seek compensation.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My mother had a share in her father’s ancestral agricultural land. She had 5 siblings,…

7 siblings 2 sisters and 5 brothers. sisters have filed a case for equal partition…

I have a plot in a housing society (A). After 2 years My wife also…

My husband along with his 2 brothers constructed house taking joint loan and the house…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly