quesIs an old partition deed valid to claim my share?

I have now got hold of a partition deed dated year 1948 between by great grandfather wherein it clearly states that a portion of land and house therein is allocated to my great grandfather. This deed was obtained by me from the land records office in my tehsil. Can this be considered a valid document? to obtain my share in the property as I am the only legal heir in my branch of the family tree.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans1. Partition deed, if executed in accordance with the law, is a document which creates and extinguishes proprietary rights. It can be used as evidence in a court of law.

      2. On the basis of the partition deed, you can file a lawsuit for partition to cull out your share in the property. If you are the only lineal ascendant of the original owner then you will succeed to the entire property. 3. A certified copy shall suffice.

      3. Any document of the aged of 30 years old and more is presumed to be admissible document in court. So this document is also to be considered. If you have filed any suit for partition or is likely to file such suit then do rely upon it to claim your due share

    • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Property lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    One broker brought a buyer , since broker was through some referal we completely believed…

    My grand father has been cheated by some one and his entire property has been…

    We are Hindus having immovable property in A.P.My brother claiming right over my share and…
    Under what circumstances can someone be disqualified from inheriting a property?

    Property Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly